A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, December 4, 2011

#11: Jingle Bell 5k

Today many friends and family members joined me to run the Jingle Bell 5k, and then we hosted a post-run brunch. I love any running event...it's always so great to see so many people active...and the Christmas theme was added fun! My friend Tara and her boyfriend Nate both placed in their age groups, and my sister and friend Erinn both set personal records, so I am thankful they all had running achievements today. The brunch afterwards was attended by the runners and some additional family and friends. I love the feeling of having so many people you care about, from different walks of life, under one roof. Sometimes I am afflicted with "Sunday Blues", where I mourn the end of the weekend and feel overwhelmed with the thought of the work week that lies ahead, but today's 5k and brunch made for a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment