A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

#13: Caren

Caren, or Bubs, as I like to call her, has been my co-teacher for the past four years. Today I am thankful, both for our working relationship and for our friendship. To steal words I formally wrote about her, Caren brings me back to the core of what really matters, and not just in regards to school. We teach together during the very first block of the day-- and anyone who has ever lived with me knows I am not a morning person. But my mornings are much easier this year knowing that I am going to spend them with Caren. Everyday she makes me smile and laugh, and she is very good at helping me de-stress. When she's in a classroom you see students pulled to her like a magnet, and I can't help but feel the same way around her. She's funny, thoughtful, passionate and makes an amazing chicken salad sandwich, which I learned today when she made me lunch! As the youngest of my family I've always been drawn to caregivers, and Caren is one of the best I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment