A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Saturday, December 10, 2011

#17: Christmas Shopping

This morning Kegan and I headed to the mall to pick up a few Christmas gifts. Shopping is not one of my favorite things to do, but I always look forward to Christmas shopping. It makes me happy to buy a few items off someone's Christmas list, or to get them something unexpected and special; gift giving has become more exciting to me than gift receiving. The next two weeks will actually be challenging for me, as I will have to forcefully refrain from spilling to my family what I have for them! It also reminds me to be thankful that I am in a financial position where I can Christmas shop. As we get closer to the 25th, I will be reminded of the multitude of reasons why Christmas is such a wonderful holiday-- none of which will have to do with materialism-- but today, I am thankful for Christmas gift giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment