A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Monday, December 12, 2011

#19: Dessert

This post comes late, as Kegan and I were at his office's holiday dinner. And at that dinner we were served an amazing dessert. The most delicious devils food cake I've ever had, chocolate malt gelato and "cocoa nibs", which were basically the chocolate crunchies of an ice cream cake. So. Good.

I always appreciate unwrapping a Dove chocolate that has the message on the underside of the wrapper, specifically the ones that read "indulge yourself". As someone who is hyper focused on self-improvement and Catholic, I can't often do that guilt-free.  But there's something to be said for small indulgences,  for reveling in simple but satisfying pleasures.

For that, tonight I'm thankful for dessert. And ice cream cake crunchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment