A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, December 18, 2011

#25: Lazy Sunday Afternoons

With the chores out of the way and the weekend nearing its end, it's time to enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon. I often find that my work weeks are go-go-go, dictated by a to-do list, bouncing from one task to another. As much as I love the sense of fulfillment from productivity, I equally appreciate time to unwind. I'm parked on my couch, a sleeping cat is nearby, football is on. The afternoon hours stretch ahead. I can surf the internet, play a little "words with friends", read for hours, take a nap. That's the best quality of a lazy Sunday afternoon: I can do whatever I want. There are no expectations, no responsibilities, nowhere to be, no guilt in taking time for myself...and for that, I am thankful. Lazy Sundays are rejuvenating, giving me the boost I need for another hectic work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment