A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

#41: "#41"

I should've thought ahead yesterday before writing about "The Cave" so that I didn't write about music two days in a row...but it feels wrong to reflect on anything today, my 41st post, besides #41.

#41 is a song by the Dave Matthews Band. I still remember hearing it for the first time, back during my freshman year of high school. I had this album, Crash on cassette (seriously) and would sit and rewind the song to listen to it repeatedly.  Thirteen years later it remains my favorite song by DMB and in general. I quoted it in my yearbook senior year (because if anything defines you as a teenager it's your senior year yearbook quote) and even had it played at my wedding, despite the fact that you can't possibly dance to it. When I went to my first Dave Matthews concert during the summer of 2000 it was the first song they played, and that will always rank in my life as a moment of perfection, kismet.

I think everyone has a song that they claim as "their song". For me that's #41, and for it I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment