A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#70: Unexpected Run-Ins

While on my run today I passed two children whom I used to babysit and their mother. The kids had no recollection of who I was-- they were four and one when I watched them.  It feels like it was just yesterday, but in reality it's been twelve years. Their mom even joked that her daughter could babysit my kids someday! I'm glad I ran into them (literally). It's always nice to see people you haven't seen in a long time, especially when they were babies the last time you saw them! It's a reminder of how quickly time actually does pass, and as the old adage says, that "the days are long, but the years are short." As I finished the run back to my house I thought of this, and how much we should value each and every day, even the mundane ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment