A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Saturday, March 10, 2012

#105: Sit Down Breakfast

Normally Kegan and I do not eat breakfast together, but today I made us a simple meal-- just scrambled eggs and toast-- and we ate it together at our dining room table. I honestly didn't think anything of it until my sister came over. We were going out together, and she made the comment how nice our breakfast was. "You've got the door and sunlight pouring in...nice breakfast together...it all looks so cozy." That's when I looked around and realized that yes, it really was cozy. On one level I took a moment to appreciate our time together; Kegan works very long hours, especially this past week, so having a meal with him was really nice. On another level, I appreciated the mere simplicity of it all. A nice, quiet, sit down breakfast on a sunny Saturday morning is a very nice way to start a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment