A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

#121: Mad Men

It's backkkkk! After a long hiatus, one of my favorite tv shows had its season premiere on Sunday. Mad Men is easily one of the best shows on tv right now. It's smart, funny, and so well written. Watching tv is not one of my preferred pastimes; sometimes I really need to just veg and watch tv in order to unwind, but if I get caught up in something meaningless, I often regret wasting my time. But then there are tv shows like Mad Men which feel like such a great way to spend your time. I feel like the characters are real people, I am invested in their story lines, and I love the historical and cultural reflection of the 1960s. It is so wonderful to have Mad Men back, and now I have something to look forward to every Sunday night!

While on the topic, I am also thankful I ate dinner at a table next to Jon Hamm before I was a fan of Mad Men. Because then I would have made an unbelievable embarrassment of myself, rather than just my standard level of foolishness I showcased that fine evening. All you need to know is that my opening line to him was, "Would you be Jon Hamm?" and I praised him for his guest staring role on 30 Rock. Good God Woman! THATWASDONDRAPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment