A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

#135: My Local Track

In order to begin the transition process to Vibrams (yes, I drank the Kool Aid) I ran today at my local track.  I am thankful I live close enough to a nice, well maintained track. For a runner, this is key. Although it hasn't been a focus during this particular training program, I still aspire to do speed work; the track is where all of that work will happen. Running there today inspired me to dream of the future progress my running will make. Since this is the track of the high school I attended, it also reminded me of my running past. As I  jogged I could almost see the ghost of my younger self, running the same laps in practices and meets. In my running history, this track is a crossroads of my past, present and future; a place where dreams are made of, one 1600 at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment