A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Monday, June 11, 2012

#182: Friends' Engagements II

Saturday was an amazing day, because not one but TWO of the most amazing couples I know became engaged!

Sunday morning I woke up to a text message from one of my best friends, Beckie, spreading the wonderful news that Jeff, her now fiance, proposed to her Saturday night.

Then Sunday afternoon Erinn stopped by with an awesome Disney villains frame she bought for me, and naturally oblivious, it took me a few minutes to realize she was pointing at the frame with her ring finger. Erinn will be marrying Kegan's cousin Brian, officially becoming my cousin when she does so.

I am thrilled for both of these couples. Erinn and Brian are a perfect match-- chaos and order muppets, if you will. As I do with the whole Salge crew, I love Brian and really value having gained him as a cousin through my marriage. Erinn and I-- despite growing up in the same town and having connections through family and friends-- became friends ourselves once she started dating Brian. I consider her one of my closest friends, and honestly have felt like she's been family for a while now...it just gets made official, which is great! They are two of the most wonderful people I know, and I am so excited for their happiness.

I couldn't have chosen a better match for Beckie than Jeff; they are compatible in every way, and are equally great people. I love having gained Jeff as a friend through his relationship with Beckie; he's hysterical, kind, and most importantly treats and values Beckie for the amazing woman that she is. Beckie has been one of my best friends for nearly a decade now, and I've never known her to be happier than since she's been with Jeff. I didn't need to know them as a couple long to know that this moment would someday come, and now that it's arrive, I'm thrilled!

Plus, they're both bound to have kickass weddings, so there's always that to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment