A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

#203: Conversations With My Dad

I am so thankful for my dad, for an inordinate amount of reasons, the totality of which will never be fully expressed in writing. But one aspect of my relationship with my father for which I am especially thankful today are the conversations we often have. He was at my house for most of the day today, so we spent it together, sharing meals and watching tv. But we also talked a lot, and it made me think how grateful I am for the conversations we had today, and the conversations we often have. My dad is insightful, intelligent, eloquent, wise, and funny. I finish a conversation with him and feel lifted. It's so wonderful to know my dad is always just a phone call away if I need someone to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment