A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, August 5, 2012

#217: Instant Messaging

Like most of my peers in the early to mid 2000s, I was always into instant messaging. I never saw it as a "waste of time"... it was just a form of communication. It was easy, fast, and you could have multiple conversations going at once. 

Once I graduated college, I rarely, if ever, signed onto AIM, and instant messaging went extinct in my life.

But on occasion, through facebook, I instant message. As I write this, I am IMing with Kegan's cousin Adam, and it's great! I love being able to carry on a conversation, watch tv, and get some work done on the computer. I'm often overwhelmed by technology, but it of course it's all in how you use it...and using instant messaging to communicate and keep in touch with family and friends is one of the blessings of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment