A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Saturday, August 11, 2012

#226: My Anniversary

Today is one of my favorite days of the year- my anniversary. This year was a significant one, our 5th.  I love my anniversary, as it allows Kegan and me to commemorate what was the most special day of our lives so far. Our wedding was an amazing event, and I wouldn't change a single moment of the day. Having our family and friends there as witnesses and to share in our joy was one of the best aspects, but what I love most about our anniversary is that it's a day for just us.

I'm so blessed to be married to Kegan for so many reasons, one of which being that he looks forward to and appreciates our anniversary just as much as I do. We plan a way to acknowledge it together, and inevitably spend the day reflecting on how wonderful the years have been, how fast they've past. Neither of us can believe it's been five years since our wedding; that realization inevitably reminds us both how important it is to acknowledge one another and our marriage daily, not just yearly. Luckily I'm married to a man with whom I fall in love with more with each passing day, so that comes naturally.  Our anniversary allows us to celebrate our marriage once a year, but as it's the greatest blessing of my life, I'm thankful for it every minute of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment