A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

#246: Going To Bed, Bone Tired

For all the joys of summer, one aspect of it that I always struggle with is that my days are often so restful, it's often hard to get to bed. On summer nights I will often lay awake for quite a while, just waiting to fall asleep, which is often frustrating and makes my summer nights' rests not as satisfying.

Then the school year begins, and my days become anything but restful. While it's easy, often, to look at the challenges of that, this week one benefit of the hustle and bustle has become apparent: I'm back to going to bed, bone tired.  It's hard to be grateful for feelings of exhaustion, but then your bed never feels better than when you finally fall into it after a long day...and that's definitely something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment