A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, September 23, 2012

#261: A Well Fragranced Home

Yesterday when I was at my sister-in-law Desiree's house I recognized one of the qualities I most love about being at her home: it always smells good. She makes an effort to burn candles, and I find her house to be so homey and comfortable, in part because of that. I myself have a shelf in my buffet full of candles that I rarely light, so after being inspired by Desiree I spent the afternoon burning a Pumpkin Spice candle in honor of the beginning of fall, and my house was quickly filled with the lovely fragrance. I truly love my home for a million reasons, but since I spend so much time here I often take it for granted. Doing something as simple as burning a candle, being able to take in how good my house smells as a result, reminds me how grateful I am to live in such a beautiful, comfortable home.

No comments:

Post a Comment