A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, October 14, 2012

#282: Megan


Megan is my niece and goddaughter, my brother John’s youngest daughter. My sister-in-law Stacie recently uploaded some gorgeous photos of her that my sister-in-law Kate recently took, and I caught my breath at how precious she is, physically and otherwise.

When Megan was born I brought her a stuffed lion to the hospital, and John, Stacie and I have all joked that she does embody a lioness’ spirit, and has since her birth: she carries herself, even at her young age, with confidence, is protective of her older sister, and is full of life and vibrancy.

She is even tempered, and I’ve almost exclusively seen her in a good mood—happy to be visiting family, playing with her cousins, at a trip to the park. Maybe it’s too young to know this about someone, but Megan seems like the kind of person who embraces life and whatever it throws at you…at least she does when it comes to three-year old life!

Megan is a beautiful young girl, as evidenced by Kate’s photos, but mostly evidenced by her personality and character. Like all of my nieces and nephews, I cannot wait to see who she’s growing up to be.


My Little Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment