A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, November 4, 2012

#296: Ella

Yesterday I heard my youngest niece, Ella, say my name for the first time. She's likely known how to say it for a while, because she said it multiple times, but it was the first time I had heard it personally. A muffled "Mel", almost sounding like, "Meow", and I was reminded how amazing it is to have a baby say your name.

Ella is definitely transitioning out of her babyhood into toddlerhood, and I love this phase. Her personality is really making itself evident: she's strong willed, confident, very playful and smart. I am so grateful that Dennis and Gina have a healthy, happy daughter; I look forward to watching her continue to grow into the toddler and ultimately girl she's becoming, and for every day I get to hear her say 'Mel'.


Ella Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment