A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Thursday, February 14, 2013

#316: The Past Month

I have lived the last month on less sleep but filled with more love than any other of my life. I am now the proud mother of a 1 month old son and I am so thankful for each day I've had with him so far.

Motherhood is new to me, and Kegan and I are definitely learning on the job. Life is very different than it ever used to be and it is a major adjustment, but it's such a blessed one to have, a wonderful one to be making.

Right now I am focused just on raising a baby who is happy and healthy, but I know as my son ages I will be a key influence in his character and personality. It is so important to me to raise a boy and ultimately a man who is, amongst many qualities, appreciative and happy for what he has in life. After a brief hiatus my project resumes in its new 2.0 state, as I want to embody, always, positivity and gratitude not just for myself anymore, but also for my little man.

So thank you to Owen for making this past month unbelievably wonderful and-- fitting on Valentine's Day-- teaching me how instantaneously you can fall madly in love with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment