A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Thursday, December 22, 2011

#29: "Wintersong"

Christmas music, as a whole, is something I am thankful for. But one Christmas song is particularly meaningful to me. Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong album is made up of melancholic Christmas covers, but her original and title track "Wintersong" is particularly moving. Whenever I hear it I think of my mom, and I often listen to it throughout the year. I actually used lyrics from this song as part of a memorial I had for her at my wedding reception. It's sad, yet hopeful. It reminds me of my mom during my childhood Christmases, the nights I would crawl into my parents' bed to sleep next to her, the comforting belief that she is still a part of my life, and that she's happy.


"Wintersong"

No comments:

Post a Comment