A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Friday, December 2, 2011

#9: "Stay or Leave"

I listened to this Dave Matthews song on repeat during my late night drive home. I've been lucky enough to see him play acoustically with Tim Reynolds twice, most recently just a few weeks ago. They performed "Stay or Leave", and it's easily my favorite song they play. It moves me every time I hear it. The honesty of the lyrics and the melancholy of the guitar make it so beautifully sad. Today I'm thankful for this song. Many people find it odd that I tend to like sad, mellow  music...especially as I consider myself to be a happy, positive person. But I think sad music reaches me. It reminds me of how frail life can be, which only makes me appreciate it that much more.



"Stay or Leave"

No comments:

Post a Comment