A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, February 5, 2012

#74: Feeling Well

"You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone" is so true, especially when it comes to one's health. Yes, it's just a cold...but it's knocked me down pretty hard this weekend. Whenever I am sick, even with something as insignificant as this weekend, I can't help but think how much I take for granted when I am feeling well. There's nothing more personally important in life than one's health, and yet day-to-day we fail to recognize how amazing it is to feel 100%. I couldn't run, couldn't enjoy anything I ate this weekend, and had no energy to do anything but lay on the couch. This was, by no means, the usual weekend lethargy I enjoy. It wasn't relaxing because I felt depleted, and the whole time I thought about how thankful I will be as soon as I am feeling well again, and how retrospectively thankful I am for all those days I was in good health and didn't take the time to appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment