A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

#86: Pet Sitters

Anyone who is a pet owner and travels knows how stressful it can be to leave your pets behind. I've only had my cats for two years, and this was one of those unintentional consequences that I didn't expect as a new pet owner. An anxious traveler to begin with, I now had a new reason to be on edge when I went away. But I have been blessed to have two wonderful pet sitters in my sister, who looked over Kennedy and Noel this past weekend, and Erinn, who's also done numerous stints with them. Honestly, there's probably few requests more annoying in the world then, "Hey, I'm going to be away for a few days. Think you can stop in and check on my cats?" Luckily my sister and Erinn never hesitate to do so. They come by, take care of them, play with them and comfort them, in the case of Kennedy who never likes it when we're gone. Besides being appreciative of them on behalf of my cats, I also am so grateful that they put our minds at ease. They text us updates and send us photos, which is always great because we miss them and it's nice to see them. I know primarily they do this because they are just both very generous people and close to me, but I also know that they care about my cats, too. Dogs are easy to love, but cats you need to warm up to, and give them time to warm up to you. Kennedy and Noel, I know, love my sister and Erinn, and I love them for loving my cats back.

No comments:

Post a Comment