A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, March 25, 2012

#117: Wedding Invitations

I am always grateful to be invited to my friends' weddings. It is always an honor to be asked to be a part of one of the most important days of someone's life, and I never take for granted each and every wedding invitation I receive. In fact, I'm often humbled by them.

Being a guest at a wedding is an honor, but it's also just fun! It's nice to have special days that are a break from the normal routine, to have a reason to get dressed up and spend a night dining and dancing with your friends. And of course there's the joy of the wedding itself; having a day to celebrate love and marriage is uplifting. Since I've been married, I attend weddings with a new perspective. Witnessing new couples make their vows always reminds me of my own, and the commitment I've made to build my own family with Kegan.

My reflection of my thankfulness for being invited to weddings comes on the heels of having just attended the wedding of my good friend, Kyle. Since I work with Kyle I witnessed his anticipation and excitement as yesterday approached, and I even was able to "toast" him at work with our students a few days before his wedding. I said how all you want for your friends is for them to find complete happiness in their lives, and I knew that nothing would make Kyle happier than marrying his now wife, Stephanie. Yesterday was, clearly, the happiest day of his life. I am so glad I was witness to that, and am always glad to be a part of the wedding days of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment