A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, May 20, 2012

#169: Chicago

I spent the weekend in Chicago. This was my first time in the city, and there's so much wonderfulness to appreciate about it. Anyone who knew I was going there and had been before told me that I would love it, that it's a cleaner, quieter version of New York, and I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. It has hustle and bustle without the claustrophobia of literally being in a mass mob of people, and it was very cool to go from metropolitan streets of skyscrapers to the lakefront beach. We covered the town, seeing Willis (Sears) Tower, Navy Pier, Millenium Park, Wrigleyville and Wrigley Field for the Crosstown Classic, The Maginficent Mile and of course deep dish pizza. The food was great, the people unbelievably friendly and kind, the weather perfect. A Cubs win would've been nice, but as any faithful (24 hour old) fan would say, there's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment