A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, May 20, 2012

#170: A Weekend with Katelynn

Katelynn accompanied me to Chicago and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to experience the city with her. More importantly, I am thrilled that we were able to have a whole weekend together. When you're in college and you spend nearly every waking moment with your best friends you take that time for granted. As cliche as it is, I wish I knew then what I know now. I wish I could've told myself 10 years ago that I should savor every moment spent with Katelynn and my other college best friends; that someday adult life would take over and we could go weeks without seeing one another, a few hour long dinners becoming the new normal. But adult life brings some perks to your friendships as well: like being able to jet off for a weekend in Chicago together, and having the wisdom to know that this was unbelievably valuable time.

I so thankful for the weekend Katelynn and I just spent together. I am thankful to have had the time for us to talk, laugh, reminisce, reconnect, muse about the future...just like old times. We packed a ton into our days, and while on one level that was to get as much out of the city as we could, it was also to get as much out of our time together as we could. I'm exhausted, but it's the best kind of tired, when you know you're tried from laughing so loudly, smiling so much, trying so hard to hold onto the hours that are inevitably going to slip away-- the kind of tired you get after spending time with your best friend. 

Buffas at The Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment