A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Friday, May 25, 2012

#174: Felicity

Having the day off for Memorial Day Weekend, I decided to indulge myself in some major tv viewing time. Even though I personally own the box set, when I found the entire Felicity series on Netflix I decided that I would start it (Netflix plus: no need to change DVD disks!) and make it a summer goal to rewatch the four seasons.

Felicity was on air when I was in high school, and I was a faithful viewer. In college, when I started buying the DVD seasons, my friends and I started making our way through it. These connections to the series at two of the most significant time periods of my life have always set it aside as not just a tv show; I always felt that I could relate to the conflicts and self discovery of the characters, always felt like I wanted my life to somehow feel the way life seemed to feel on the show...whatever that means. It may have come at the hey-day of young adult dramas, but I think it's more legitimate than being lumped in that genre. I think it's really well written, and there are many poignant lines that I remember fawning over in my youth, and still appreciate now as an adult. Literature will always take precedence over tv or movies, but there are often stories told through those mediums that are just as meaningful to me as some of my favorite novels, and Felicity is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment