A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Monday, May 28, 2012

#175: Egg & Cheese on an Everything Bagel

With a day off I decided to treat myself to an egg & cheese on an everything bagel, but the attainment of such turned out to be a bit of a hassle. My bagel deli of choice was unreachable due to a Memorial Day parade. My back-up bagel place was, somehow, out of bagels when I arrived. And so it was across town I went, fueled by conviction. Finally, on my third attempt, I got one. Egg & cheese on an everything bagel happens to be my post-long run meal of choice. Despite not running long today, it still managed to taste like victory. It might seem ridiculous, in light of all the monumental and significant aspects of my life for which I am thankful, but I sat in the deli and savored that egg and cheese on an everything bagel like it was the greatest breakfast sandwich ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment