A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

#177: Sweet Gestures

On a fairly regular basis, I pilfer from one of my coworkers, coincidentally named Mary Ellen. In her desk drawer she keeps a stash of extra salt & pepper packets she gets from a local deli. Once I realized that such a treasure trove existed, my lunches have seemed underseasoned. And so to Mary Ellen's desk I go, where she is always so willing to let me take as many as I need, as often as I want. Maybe this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I am always grateful that she lets me do this.

Today, Mary Ellen called me over to let me know she had something for me. And lo and behold, she had brought me my own personal salt shaker to keep at work! It genuinely meant a lot to me. Seriously-- there is little in life that makes me happier than simple, sweet gestures.

No comments:

Post a Comment