A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, June 3, 2012

#179: Cards

I was lucky enough to meet up with my good friend, Allison, once more last week before she leaves for the summer to intern in Seattle. As I exited her car after saying goodbye she handed me a card, and I teared up when I read it once I was back in my house. Her message was a note of appreciation for our friendship, and while I am so thankful for this card, itself, it made me think of all the cards I've ever gotten from Allison, Kegan, my family, other friends...in this age of immediate communication, the spirit of letter writing seems to be lost. And so when I receive a hand written card-- knowing someone took the time to pick out one with a significant message, took the time to add their own personal thoughts-- I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment