A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, June 3, 2012

#180: Pete's Homecoming

My coworker Donna jetted off to California today, to be able to greet her son, Pete, an active marine corp officer who returns stateside tomorrow. This was a trip she wasn't sure would happen, so I am thrilled and thankful that it's become a reality. Donna is an all around amazing woman, one who deserves and will inevitably get her own post in this project. One of the qualities I most admire about her is her dedication as a mother. She has two children, a daughter in addition to her son, Pete, and although I do not know them well, I know them through the undying love and admiration she has for them as their mother. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be a military mother-- I cannot imagine the stress, anxiety and worry that must bring. Rarely does Donna show this (although I am sure it's ever present), because through Donna, I've witnessed the other side of being a military mother-- the pride, honor, enduring love and strength. I am grateful for Pete and his sacrifice to our country, to Donna, for hers as well, and that they both get the opportunity to be together on this joyous occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment