A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#239: Tutoring

Today was my last tutoring session with the 8th grader I've been working with all summer. It was a real pleasure to have consistent one-on-one instruction with this student, and I witnessed a lot of growth in him as a writer over our weeks working together. This, coupled with the fact that he was just an awesome kid, made for a really enjoyable tutoring experience. One of the best aspects of teaching is the connections you can make with kids. I don't personally teach him, but I know I will see him in the halls,  and that he'll come to me when he needs help with his writing work throughout the year. I look forward to our future high fives and hearing of the progress that he makes throughout the school year, and am thankful I had the opportunity to get to know him and help him become a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment