A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Friday, September 21, 2012

#258: Phone Call Check-Ins

For someone who doesn't really like to chat on the phone, I of course really think it's important to connect with your loved ones every so often and really talk . In the age of instant communication it's so convenient to send an email, text or facebook message for quick check ins, and I love that those technologies allow for the ease of staying in contact with one another. But every so often I believe it's important to have more than that, and phone calls fill that void. Tonight I called my brother to check in, and it was so great to talk to him and catch up...it was one of the times that I hung up the phone and was so grateful that I took the time to call. It's also always nice to be the recipient of check-in calls from people, nice to know that loved ones are thinking of you, and in that vein, I love chatting on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment