A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

#263: Bunco

My friends and I get together every so often to spend a night playing bunco-- a dice game-- with one another. We aim for once a month, but it at least happens a few times throughout the year. Inevitably we spend most of the time just chatting with each other, enjoying each other's company and a glass of wine or a cold beer. Even when the game gets going, rounds are delayed because we end up sitting and talking between them.

Although in my younger years I always found it "easier" to be friends with guys, as I've aged I've come to really cherish and value my friendships with women, which now outnumber my male friendships. Bunco is always a fun excuse to get together--- it's always nice to have a weeknight outing to look forward to, and the potential to win some cash!-- but more importantly I see it as time spent with my girls, time that I truly value.

No comments:

Post a Comment