A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

#7: Fun Mail!

Amidst the typical bills and junk in my mailbox today was the rare but much appreciated real mail! Mrs. Black sent me a card today, and instantly what felt like an ordinary day became unordinary. Today I am grateful for what I call "fun mail". Email is, of course, such a convenient and easy form of communication. That's what makes it wonderful, but what also makes it, at times, rather impersonal. Real mail, though, is anything but. I'm so appreciative today that Mrs. Black took the time to pick out a card, write me a really touching message, and send it my way. It is a simple but sincere reminder of how grateful I am to know the entire Black family, and how sometimes the littlest things can be the big moments of our days.

Fun mail! Fun envelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment