A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, March 4, 2012

#100: Sunday Mornings

On Saturday mornings I am usually motivated to get up. There's either a run I'm going on, plans to prepare for, or errands to complete. But Sunday mornings are a different story. It's the less-busy of the two weekend days, and therefore I am often allotted time to just lay awake in bed. I'll watch nonsense TV and enjoy the fact that I don't have to jump out from under the covers as quickly as the rest of the week. And maybe the best aspect of Sunday mornings? No alarm.

In a moment of irony, I've noticed I've reflected more on my thankfulness for Sundays than any other day of the week, despite the fact that I tend to have "Sunday Blues". The Sunday Blues, I realize, is displaced disappointment of the end of the weekend and the return of the work week. Rather than succumb to those feelings and allow my Sunday to be tarnished, I should embrace everything that makes my Sundays so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment