A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Sunday, March 4, 2012

#101: Impromptu Family Dinners

I love living close to my Dad and sister. One of the perks of that is we are able to get together for dinner, even if it's on short notice and quick. We called them both this morning after deciding to make a pot of chili, and they both came over to share it with us. It's nice to have that time with them, especially in light of casual conversation Kegan and I've had about moving out of state. We both agree it's not a good time to do that, nor is it something we want to do right now in our lives. It's moments like tonight that remind me why I'm happy to stay grounded: I can call my dad and sister last minute and see them. Many families do not live near one another and are not afforded that luxury; in that vein, even something as simple as a chili dinner with your family is something I don't take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment