A personal initiative to live more appreciatively

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

#109: Flip-Flops

There is little in life that gives me more pleasure than the first day of the year when I wear flip-flops. If it were up to me I would wear flip-flops year round. There is clearly something evolutionary in my genetics for the proclivity of being nearly barefoot...as a toddler I made my mother cut off the feet of footed pajamas. Then, once I hit high school, I decided flip-flops were the preferred footwear, even in winter. This bohemian tendency continued through college, but the onset of adulthood and a bout of minor frostbite derailed it-- at least for the winter months. Still, there's always that first glorious day when my $2 Old Navy flip flops are absolute luxury, and I relish that day every year.

Happy Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment